Selected publications are available in a downloadable format for iBooks (click here for more information on the different formats our eBooks are available in). Please follow these steps to download and read your eBooks in iBooks:
- Visit your library – Using the device on which you intend to view the iBooks version of a publication (e.g. Apple Mac or iPad), log-in to your library (log in here instead if you are trying to download Practising the Piano eBooks) or use the link provided in the email you received confirming your purchase.
- Select an eBook - Find the eBook that you wish to read in iBooks and click ‘Download’. This will take you to a page where you can choose the format you require. Select ‘iBooks’.
- Download - A new window in your browser will open and your eBook should start downloading. Since many of our eBooks are full of images, videos and illustrations, you may have to wait for a few minutes for the eBook to download. Keep this window open to make sure that you do not interrupt the download. If you’re using iPad, the small wheel on the top left hand corner of the screen spinning confirms that the download is taking place.
- View in iBooks - When the download is complete, an option will appear to open the eBook in iBooks. Select this link and you will be taken to iBooks where your eBook will open automatically.
If you are using a non-Apple device (e.g. a PC) to download the iBooks version then please use the following steps:
- Follow steps 1 to 3 above to download the iBooks file
- Load your eBook into iTunes by dragging the downloaded file into your iTunes library
- Once the file is in your library connect your device to your computer and iTunes will upload your new eBooks automatically. (Depending on your iTunes settings the eBook may need to be dragged into your device.)
Please note: you need to be connected to the Internet in order to download eBooks in this format from your library. Many of our eBooks are large files therefore they may take a while to download depending on your connection speed.
Click here to find out about the different eBook formats and device requirements.
Click here for download instructions for Amazon Kindle.