Selected publications are available in a downloadable format for Amazon Kindle (click here for more information on the different formats our eBooks are available in).
Please follow these steps to download and read your eBooks on Kindle tablets and in Kindle apps:
- Visit your library – Using the device on which you intend to view the Kindle version of an eBook (e.g. Kindle tablet or another tablet with the Kindle app), log-in to your library here (or, if you are trying to download Practising the Piano eBooks, log in here) or use the link provided in the email you received confirming your purchase.
- Select an eBook - Find the eBook that you wish to read in Kindle and click ‘Download’. This will take you to a page where you can choose the format you require. Select ‘Kindle’.
- Download - A new window in your browser will open and your eBook should start downloading. Keep this window open to make sure that you do not interrupt the download. If you’re using an iPad, the small wheel on the top left hand corner of the screen spinning confirms that the download is taking place.
- View in Kindle - When the download is complete, an option will appear to open the eBook in the Kindle app. Select this link and your eBook will open automatically.
If you are using a computer to download the Kindle version for use on a Kindle device (e.g. Kindle tablet or eReader) then please use the following steps:
- Follow steps 1 to 3 above to download the Kindle file on your computer.
- Connect your Kindle device to your computer.
- Once your device is connected open ‘My Computer’ and open your Kindle.
- Once you see a selection of folders (left), drag your downloaded file into the ‘Books’ folder.
- Disconnect your Kindle and your eBook will be available to read.
Kindle users can also email the file to their Kindle, more information on this can be found here.
Please note: many of our eBooks feature multimedia and interactive functionality that require a device with multimedia playback capabilities to access (e.g. a tablet or computer). While you will be able to view text and image content on eInk devices (e.g. Kindle Paperwhite), you will not be able to access any of the interactive features or videos.
Click here to find out about the different eBook formats and device requirements.
Click here for download instructions for Apple iBooks.